MONDAY…….DREADED, FEARED AND LOATHED. Survival Tips for Mondays!
Just because it’s Monday, doesn’t mean it should be a day of dread for you. I am with you on the horror of going back to work. Hopefully my meager attempts to brighten your Monday will lift your spirits, add a spring to your step and put a smile on that face. I believe it is rude to work more than 4 days a week. Don’t you agree! We should have Saturday for decompressing. Sunday is for rest, church and being with family. Monday is the feel good day! Here are a few suggestions for a Feel Good Monday.
2. The day is all yours. Go back to bed. Sleeping is up to you. Spending time with your loved one. Yeah! I know I would.
3. Brew a fresh pot of coffee. A nice omelette, waffles, muffins? If cooking is not realistic, then toast or whatever you might have. Just go with it.
4. Presentation is everything. Serve breakfast on your best china. Use sterling if you have it. If it looks good, it usually tastes good.
5. Linger over breakfast… make playful, positive, polite conversation. More Flirting? Optional.
6. Your loved one may or may not go to work. You support him either way.
7. You now have the day to yourself. Seeeee…… Mondays aren’t so bad.
8. Time to make your place look quite smart. Tidy up one room and move on, making your way through the rest. C’mon move quickly.
9. Time to tame those unruly books? Get a couple of cute bookends. Amazing how 2 little things can make your day brighter.
10. Shower, dress and get out. Do the errands you have been postponing. Duh! It’s Monday, do not waste it! 11. Treat yourself to a nice lunch. Not too much. Something a tad bit decadent. :)
12. Now for the real fun! The must haves of the season. Select a sweater, a Jacket and Sharp Boots. Mmmmm! Nothing like spotting a great pair of Manolos or Louboutins to stop a girl cold. Hope you have your fashion journal handy. Buy what you need to add to your wardrobe.
13. Remember the Book Shop or your local Library. Reading expands your mind and vocabulary. Not only will you look sharp, your mind will stay sharp. Not to mention, always having intelligent conversation material. Pick up something for your loved one as well.
14. What’s for dinner? A quick stop at the grocer or grab a few deli items and voila! A lovely Monday style dinner for 2. Do not forget the candles and flowers for the table. Use your best china and silver for an elegant table setting.
15. Spend a lovely intimate evening at home. Relax! You have earned it. So much accomplished in one day. You have only to wait until next Monday to do it all again. The week will rush by in a blink.
I do hope my suggestions and tips help in surviving Mondays will help you. Until the powers that be change those wretched work week laws, we will continue to strategize our game plan for Mondays.
If you have tried it, let me know how it works for you.
UPDATE! I no longer have Mondays off. It is by design. I now have Wednesdays off. Work 2 days. Off a day. Work 2 days. Off 2 days. It’s a plan that works for me. A few more years and I will be working 2-3 days tops. Now that’s a plan!